Saturday, January 16, 2010

CAREER SUMMARY

I am a professional Purchasing Coordinator offering over 12 years' of experience within a number of industries. I am currently seeking a position in this capacity acting as Coordinator, Agent, or Assistant within the greater NYC area.

I have proven negotiating skills, and a solid ability in managing purchase order systems. In previous positions I actively participated on cross-functional project teams.

Industry knowledge expertise include category management and supplier relationship management processes, ISO 9001, quality assurance and control standards.

I am currently seeking a position where I can continue to uphold strong capabilities and performance standards and utilize my operations-focused approach and sense of urgency to contribute to improved efficiencies, thereby bringing more effective results for my firm.


SPECIALTIES

  • Negotiating skills;
  • Vendor management and relations;
  • Quality assurance and product compliance;
  • Process improvement and efficiency; and
  • Teamwork, sourcing, pricing and availability.


AS YOUR PURCHASING COORDINATOR

I bring experience and strong negotiating skills along with a proven ability to utilize master purchase order systems while actively participating on cross-functional project teams.

  • I am proficient at category management and supplier relationship management processes, ISO 9001, quality assurance and quality control standards.


  • I offer the abilities to collect, analyze, and monitor category specific information on spend, supplier performance, user adoption and compliance, standards and specifications, and industry benchmarks.


  • I am an able developer and implementer of supplier relationship management programs that focus on quality, productivity, and innovation.


  • I employ creative approaches and methods that contribute towards the effective management of inventories and supply agreements.


  • I possess impressive presentation and communication skills as well as strong finance, quantitative, and analytical skills.


  • I bring a solid background in computer based analytic tools.


  • I am technically astute; easily learn new product lines, highly technical data, and design specifications.


AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE

  • Negotiating Skills

  • Collaborative Teamwork

  • Vendor Management

  • Time and Resource Management

  • Cost Reduction

  • Relationship Management

  • Product Compliance

  • Sourcing: Pricing and Availability

  • Process Improvement

  • Process Management


NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS

  • Reduced costs by $100K over one year by negotiating with and introducing vendor competition.

  • Reduced inventory costs by $700K (of a $2.5M inventory) by implementing numerous processes that ensured on hand inventory was utilized before requisitioning additional materials.

  • Aggressively sourced new vendors; one of which resulted in 20% savings on shipping costs, as well as warehouse and janitorial supplies.

  • Implemented follow-up procedures on the status of all open purchase orders; resulting in substantial time savings on shipments from all vendors by approximately 15 – 20%.
  • Achieved 24-hour turnaround for processing quotation requests and respective vendor response.

  • Selected as a Super User and key member of the team charged with the implementation of the Lawson Procurement Suite.

As a devoted professional whose goals are focused on the growth, profits, and the reputation of my employer, I intend to continue the same dedicated and energetic work ethic that has earned me the respect of subordinates, peers, and superiors alike.

Aware as I am of your busy schedule, I ask only for the opportunity to tell you more of my skill-set and how it will positively impact your firm' plans for the future.

You may also view my profile at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffdavis100413

1 comment:

  1. Not too bad for your first time creating a Blog Jeff! Keep up the good work and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete